Jacobs Ladder Mountain Bike Trail
For best viewing, use these GoPro links:
* Watch #3 if you only want to see Jacobs Ladder.
Recorded June 19, 2021
Jacobs Ladder mountain bike trail is a downhill trail, rated black diamond, above Corner Canyon. It drops 800 feet in 1.3 miles. The upper-most part of the trail has a lot of bare rock and a narrow path atop a narrow ridge with spectacular views. Partway down, the trail has a lot of sandy sections. The trail is steep so good brakes and a low seat are essential.
This video is a complete trip from Alpine to Jacobs Ladder and back to Alpine, as follows:
- 200 North / Westfield Road, Alpine
- Highland Blvd / Suncrest Drive
- Peak View (Lower) Trail
- Peak View Trail
- Jacobs Ladder Middle Trail
- Jacobs Ladder (Lower) Trail
- Ghost Trail
- Corner Canyon Road, Upper
- Peak View Connector
- Hog Hollow Road / Hoof n’ Boot Trail
- Back to Alpine
The weather was a hot sunshiny 93 degrees, so I only passed a couple other bikers on the trails.
Because the video is long, I don’t expect folks to watch the whole thing. Here’s time stamps I recommend you see:
- 17:00 View of Jacobs Ladder from Suncrest Drive
- 23:00 Peak View Trail
- 29:25 Looking back toward Draper / Traverse Ridge
- 33:35 Beautiful view of the Mountain Peaks and Utah Lake
- 41:30 Approaching Jacobs Ladder
- 42:00 Jacobs Ladder Trail, starting at the top
- 50:05 Ghost Trail
The video was made with a GoPro Hero 9 video camera, using a shoulder strap mount. As it was very hot and dry, I stopped for several brief water breaks along the way which I did not edit out.
I don’t fly down trails like this at 50+mph like some guys do, so if you are looking for speed thrills, sorry. There’s some beautiful scenes on this route. I hope you enjoy the video!
Resources with information about Jacob’s Ladder